Baltimore Harbor WATERKEEPER is dedicated to protecting and restoring Baltimore Harbor and the greater Patapsco River and its tributaries through enforcement, fieldwork, and citizen action in order to make the river suitable for recreation, including fishing and swimming, to improve public health, and to improve the health of the river ecosystem.
- WATERKEEPER is out in the field monitoring Water Quality. This program includes Bacteria Monitoring & Adopt-A-Stream.
- We do Stream Cleanups, including Project Clean Stream.
- Through the Get the Dirt Out Chesapeake program, WATERKEEPER trains volunteers to ID and report construction pollution.
- We advocate for better laws, regulations, and enforcement related to Stormwater Pollution, Sewage Pollution, Toxic Pollution, and Trash.
- WATERKEEPER takes Legal Action when necessary.
- WATERKEEPER patrols our waterways for pollution.